Many single mothers are headed back to school to obtain the education they need to be able to fill a good job that will provide them with the financial means needed to be able to afford raising their children. Due to this fact, there are many programs out there that are offering school grants for single mothers, actually more than ever now. Even the school grant programs that aren’t specially for single mothers can still provide single mothers with a great chance of getting funding from them as being a single mom is considered to be at a disadvantage which is can make the difference between getting a grant and not getting it. Below are a few different avenues that you can take that can allow you to apply for some great programs and potentially get school grants that you can use to pay for your tuition
- Seeking grant money directly from the colleges that you are attending or looking to attend for your schooling is a great method that is advised that you use first due to the fact that this is the fastest way to getting money as well as even more information on school grants for single mothers programs that you can apply to.
- A single mother can benefit immensely as far as school loans go by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid becuase you can be entitled to getting up to over $5000 per year that you can use to pay for your schooling and other things you need to buy that are related to you schooling. You need to fill this federal application out every year that you are attending your college, and the application itself allows is applicants to be able to fill it out and submit it on the 1st of January of the year in which you are looking to use the money that you may be eligible for. The main grant program that is available through the FAFSA is the Pell Grant which the Pell Grant is actually known as one Obama Moms Returning to School grants, equating to a very high chance that you will be eligible for some amount of money. The other main grant program that you can qualify for by filling the FAFSA out is the Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant where you can get up to $4000 per year to use towards your schooling.
- Another great way to find scholarships for single mothers is to search on the internet for grant programs that are applicable to what you are going through or even personal attributes that apply to yourself. Like for example you can look for grants for single moms that are wanting to go back to school, your ethnicity, or grants for single moms that have children as well as grants for single mothers that are studying what you want to get a degree in.
- The Sunshine Lady Foundation is another grant program offering school grants for single mothers who both are at an extreme financial need but want to pursue education as well as those who have been or are in abusive relationships. If one fits either category, they can qualify for thousands of dollars to use towards their schooling. This program was founded by a lady named Doris Buffet who was a single mother and knows how difficult it can be.
- The non-profit Jeannette Rankin Foundation is another fantastic program that offers grants for single mothers for college which each person that qualifies for the grant will receive a minimum of $2000 to use towards their education.
- There is also an incredible federal source for grants that can include college grants for single mothers as well as grants for most all other single mother edeavours, which you can check out all that is at your avail by becoming a member of the site called grants.gov which is home of connecting you with over 900 different grant programs.
Also, not exactly a school grants for single mothers program, but a benefit of being a single mom and going back to school is the fact that The American Opportunity Tax Credit Programs states that your first $4000 that goes towards your higher education is free.